All summer courses have been loaded into Blackboard Learn 9.1 for Summer 2011 term
If you are still teaching in WebCT CE8 this Spring semester, it is time to start making plans for summer. Spring 2011 is the last semester we will be teaching in two different versions of this software.
Register NOW for our February training sessions!
Faculty will have the opportunity to take advantage of a variety of resources to help prepare to utilize the new system. This includes LTAD 3282 Blackboard Essentials (both facilitated or self-paced), weekly 2-hr special topics workshops, and migration support through our Learning Technology Centers. For a complete listing of training opportunities, please visit our blog for additional information: Training Opportunities Spring 2011. Below you will find the opportunities available for the remainder of February.
Online, Synchronous, Multi-Week Courses (required virtual meeting):
§ Feb 16- Mar 23 2011, CRN 2263 (meets every Wed 5-6pm Virtually)
Hybrid, Synchronous, Multi-Week Courses (required lab meetings – on campus):
§ Feb 14- Mar 21 2011, CRN 2261 (meets every Mon 1-3pm WEC 2-112)
§ Feb 15- Mar 22 2011, CRN 2262 (meets every Tues 1-3pm EAC 8-213)
§ Feb 16- Mar 23 2011, CRN 2264 (meets every Wed 1-3pm OSC 2-116)
Required Face-to-Face & Virtual Lab Meetings for February Bb Essentials start next week! Register today!
Selected Topics Workshops – LTAD 2280 Series
This is a quick, face-to-face, 2 credit hour session designed to help faculty master one single concept or skill in the Blackboard 9.1 Course Management Environment at a time. The following sessions have been scheduled for our Spring 2011 semester:
§ Topic: Communication Tools in BB9.1: Feb 4, 2011, CRN 2251, 9-11am WEC 2-112
§ Topic: Assignments & Assessments in BB9.1: Feb 18, 2011, CRN 2252, 9-11am WEC 2-112
§ Topic: Using the BB9.1 Grade Center: Feb 25, 2011, CRN 2253, 9-11am WEC 2-112
What do I have to do to prepare for Summer?
- We will continue to operate both CE8 and BB9.1 until the end of Spring 2011 Semester.
- Faculty will be able to access their course materials and create backups until May 28, 2011 at 11:00pm. After that date, all materials will need to be in BB9.1.
- All Valencia courses (regardless of instructional method) will be taught in BB9.1 Learn starting with Summer 2011 courses.
- In the event of grade disputes, Valencia system administrators will be able to assist you in recovering your data and helping you to access the required information to investigate the dispute.
- All summer 2011 courses have been loaded into Blackboard and are ready for you to begin development on your course materials.
- If you are not teaching this summer, you are encouraged to request development spaces from firstname.lastname@example.org for each course you would like to migrate from WebCT CE to Blackboard Learn
We realize that this has been a major challenge over the past year. With your continued support and cooperation we will successfully complete this migration.