All summer courses have been loaded into Blackboard for Summer 2011 term
WebCT’s official retirement date is quickly approaching and we are working hard to ensure that you are preapred. Any class that begins after May 2, 2011 will be taught in Blackboard 9.1 Learn (regardless of instructional method). If you are still teaching in WebCT CE8 this Spring semester, it is time to start making plans for summer.
What do I have to do to prepare for Summer?
- All summer 2011 courses have been loaded into Blackboard and are ready for you to begin development on your course materials.
- If you are not teaching this summer (or if you need additional development spaces), you are encouraged to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for each course you would like to migrate from WebCT CE to Blackboard Learn
- Faculty will be able to access their course materials and create backups until May 28, 2011 at 11:00pm. After that date, all materials will need to be in BB9.1 and access to WebCT for faculty will cease.
- In the event of grade disputes, Valencia system administrators will be able to assist you in recovering your data and helping you to access the required information to investigate the dispute.
How do I move my content from WebCT to Blackboard?
We have prepared resources to help you with this simple process. The actual migration from WebCT to Blackboard can be accomplished using the following tutorial:
Blackboard Learn 9.1 Training
Faculty have the opportunity to take advantage of a variety of resources to help prepare to utilize the new system. Blackboard Essentials Self-Paced is available to every Valencia employee. You can access this course by visiting: http://bit.ly/BlackboardEssentialsSelfPaced and entering your atlas username & password to access the materials. No PD credit is offered for completing this work, but it does provide you a wealth of information as you work with Blackboard.
Additionally, we continue to offer weekly 2-hr special topics workshops, and migration support through our Learning Technology Centers.
The following sessions have been scheduled for our Spring 2011 semester:
|Navigating Blackboard 9.1|
|CRN 2256||Mar 25, 2011||9-11am WEC 2-112 (on campus)|
|Adding Content to your BB9.1 Course|
|CRN 2281||Mar 18, 2011||10am-noon WPK 105 (on campus)|
|CRN 2257||Apr 1, 2011||9-11am WEC 2-112 (on campus)|
|Communication Tools in BB9.1|
|CRN 2282||Mar 25, 2011||10am-noon WPK 105 (on campus)|
|CRN 2258||Apr 8, 2011||9-11am WEC 2-112 (on campus)|
|Assignments & Assessments in BB9.1|
|CRN 2283||Apr 1, 2011||10am-noon WPK 105 (on campus)|
|CRN 2259||Apr 15, 2011||9-11am WEC 2-112 (on campus)|
|Using the BB9.1 Grade Center:|
|CRN 2284||Apr 22, 2011||10am-noon WPK 105 (on campus)|
|CRN 2260||Apr 22, 2011||9-11am WEC 2-112 (on campus)|
|Monitoring Student Performance in BB9.1|
|CRN 2254||Mar 4, 2011||9-11am WEC 2-112 (on campus)|
|Maximizing Groupwork in BB9.1|
|CRN 2255||Mar 18, 2011||9-11am WEC 2-112 (on campus)|
How to Register for Professional Development Courses:
- Write down the CRN(s) of the workshops you wish to attend
- Login to ATLAS using your User Name and PIN
- Click on the Registration tab
- Click on Register for classes in the Registration Box
- Click on Step 3: Register for Classes/Withdraw.
- Click on the arrow on the drop down box to select Professional Development and then click on the Submit button
- Enter CRN(s) in the boxes at the bottom of the screen
- Click on Submit Changes button
- Click on Detail Schedule at the bottom of the screen to view your registration
We realize that this transition has been a major challenge over the past year. With your continued support and cooperation we will successfully complete this migration.