On behalf of the Office for Information Technology, I would like to thank all Valencia Faculty, Staff, and Students for your patience and support over the past year. The transition from Blackboard/WebCT CE to Blackboard Learn9.1 has been the major undertaking of the Learning Technology & Alternative Delivery team for the past year.
What if you missed the training sessions and the ABC’s of Blackboard Webinars? Watch them now!
- Visit a Learning Technology Center (LTC) for guidance and answers
- Faculty Development Offerings will reconvene in late summer. Our next offering of LTAD 3282 Blackboard Essentials will be offered in Fall 2011. Please check the Faculty Development Calendar for a listing of all LTAD offerings. http://valenciacollege.edu/facultydevelopment/
- And of course, Blackboard Essentials Self-Paced will continue to be available to you directly within http://online.valenciacolleg.edu after logging on with your Atlas username and password.
What does the future hold?
- All summer and fall 2011 courses have been loaded into Blackboard and are ready for you to begin development on your course materials.
- All future courses (regardless of instructional method) will be loaded into Blackboard. This means that all courses at Valencia have the option of utilizing Blackboard to enhance their courses whether it be a traditional classroom section or fully online course offering (and everything in between).
- Blackboard will be continuously improving their product based on direct input from faculty, staff and system administrators. If you would like to provide a suggestion or enhancement directly to Blackboard to be considered in future release of the product, please offer your suggestion by visiting: http://www.blackboard.com/Contact-Us/Feedback/Suggest-Product-Enhancements/For-Learn.aspx
How did we do on the Migration Project?
- Surveys were administered at the end of Fall 2010 and Spring 2011 to evaluate the effectiveness of our project implementation. The OIT team is currently evaluating the results and we hope to share those with you by the end of summer classes. This information will be archived and used as a resource for future implementation projects to continue improving project implementations.
- Our Social Media communication channels such as WordPress, Twitter, and Facebook were successful in helping faculty and staff stay abreast of just in time information about bugs, instructional strategies, and innovative uses of Blackboard. We will continue to refine the use of these tools to provide ongoing communication and support
We realize that this transition was a major challenge over the past year. The OIT/Learning Technology team thanks you for your patience, cooperation and support as we complete this migration.